[HLUG] October meeting

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 23:47:28 UTC 2010

> Pete H@
>>>
>> Thanks for the write-up Pete, much appreciated!

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the write up Pete, good to see ever bigger numbers at our
meetings.

Can you let us know more about what Tony has been able to arrange re being
able to setup machines at the Venue,? do you mean at the cafe/bar area or
one of their meeting rooms ? Still great news, and thanks Tony for arranging
that for us.

And in reply to Matthew, yes we will arrange a Christmas do this year. We
had good numbers to start with but decreased year on year. But I think as
long as its planned enough in advance, we should do one. I think it was the
Indian Jalalabad in Leominster last year, if I remember rightly ... ?

Lastly, we have a very nice piece written by Richard Smedley about our
efforts for SFD in the latest Linux User and Developer (a good magazine well
worth the read). I make that at least three magazine entries this year for
the LUG, must be a record for us ;-)