[HLUG] HLUG Open Disc for SFD - Revised Software List

Paul Stenning paul at sp-tech.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 22:33:32 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This is the latest contents list for our Open Disc:

7-Zip
Audacity (plus the LAME MP3 addon)
Avidemux
Blender
CamStudio
Dia
DVD Flick
FileZilla
Firefox
FreeMind
Gantt Project
GIMP
GnuCash
Httrack
InfraRecorder
Inkscape
KeePass
Kompozer
Marble
Notepadd++
OpenOffice
PDF Creator
Pencil
Pidgin
Putty
QCad
Really Slick Screensavers
RSS Owl
Scratch
Scribus
SnapBackup
Songbird
Stellarium
SumatraPDF
Sweet Home 3D
Thunderbird
TightVNC
Tux, of Math Command
Tux Paint
Tux Typing
VirtualDub
VLC
WampServer
WinMerge

As you may notice I have dropped Celestian, Eraser and the help files
for GIMP, and added in some educational titles (Tux Paint/Type/Math,
Scratch) as well as a few other varied programs (TightVNC, Sweet Home
3D, Marble, Pencil, CamStudio).

We currently have 44 programs taking up 675MB, so allowing for the menu
the disc is about full.

I built installers for Pencil and VirtualDub (using Inno Setup) as these
were only ZIP file downloads.  I feel that since some recipients may not
be that computer literate installers made things easier.

If anyone has any suggestions for additions or removals (bearing in mind
that is something is added then most likely something else will need to
go) please say ASAP!!!

Due to the tight timescales for taking advantage of the Linux Emporium
offer to make 100 copies for us for free, we need to have this settled
by Friday morning so I can get the job finished over the weekend.

This list is on PiratePad too.

Paul