[HLUG] HLUG OpenDisc for SFD - HTML front-end and software list - [run or save?]

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:22:43 UTC 2010

it says:
[When you click the "Install" link for one of the programs you may be given
the option to either save it or run it. If so, choose the run option. If you
only have the option to save it, do so then install it by double-clicking
the saved file.
]

but being a pessimist i always click [save]
cos if there's a read error from the CD I can just delete the corrupted
file,
but if I was running the install file from CD
then it would crash halfway through installation
possibly corrupting my windows registry etc.

[g]