[HLUG] HLUG OpenDisc for SFD - HTML front-end and software list- [run or save?]

Paul Stenning paul at sp-tech.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 16:07:41 UTC 2010

It's gone for duplication as it was worded now, so any discussion is
academic.

Most Windows installers (and certainly all the ones on the CD-ROM) are a
single .exe or .msi file which when run unpacks itself into a temporary
location before installation can start, so if the file is damaged or the
disc unreadable it will fail before the actual installation has started.

Paul