[HLUG] update on organisation for ISFD event

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 17:31:02 UTC 2010

Just to let everyone know that following the meeting last night I have
edited pirate pad again
If you want any back copies I have them saved so just ask me if you want
a copy

Thanks to Tony for his demo of Vinux which was very interesting - we are
hoping as he cannot attend on the 18th that one of his students will be
able to demo Vinux instead

We now have sponsorship for the boards from VLEmiddleware of £120 which
means we have raised enough to get both boards and leaflets printed and
Pete has taken them in to the printers today see PP for details.

the custom discs are being picked up from the linux emporium this
weekend

We still need to get the word out -  if you haven't put a poster up in
your area do print one and get it out there - the pdf versions of the A4
and A5 leaflets are at http://hlug.joolsr.fastmail.fm/

A second mailout has gone out to schools letting them know about the
exhibition boards which will be available for them to display for free
following ISFD - we are hoping these boards will be going out around the
county in libraries, schools and public spaces over the next few months
so if you know of somewhere that might like to /could display them
please let Pete know.

It's not long to go now so if you would like to get involved on the day
just add your name to the list on PP - you don't necessarily need to
bring any kit just be there to talk to people about Open Source and
Linux

Or just call in and say hello - we will be pleased to see you there

and for those who are bringing kit - please check section 4

--
Sarah

SFD event - 18 Sept 2010 -
http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is