[HLUG] Herefordshire Digest, Vol 1355, Issue 1

Kevin Dontenville kevin at opensure.net
Wed Aug 31 21:17:13 UTC 2011

Hi All

We had a good meeting with Aidan today, very encouraging and supportive. Tony will be able to continue as expected with the lock down CD and a secondary 'full' version. There are no technical issues from their point of view about connecting and using the equipment in schools.

Aidan also suggested we ask Mark Sanderson to help create/amend lesson plans and substitute the Tuxedu apps as appropriate to meet objectives. This would help ease adoption of the software by reducing the work load and getting some kind of endorsement from Mark.

Each of our candidate schools is looked after by a different one of his engineers and they use F/OSS within the company with one engineer having a strong linux and F/OSS background which should mean schools get support from all sides.

Aidan recommended meeting with more engineers over the course of the project.

All good!

Kevin