[HLUG] Open Source Day Update

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 18:34:37 UTC 2011

Lots of work has been going on behind the scenes for the Open Source Day
on March 26 - so here is an update for you all.

Publicity about the event has been sent out to a wide range of
organisations and we have mentions of our event going out in a number of
newsletters and up on websites from
Business Link West Midlands to Hereford 6th Form College & Bristol
Wireless. Herefordshire Voluntary Action is once again featuring our
event in their event listings and sending details out in their
e-newsletter - this attracted a good response from voluntary groups at
our SFD event and hopefully more will attend this time.

We have also sent out invites to all the local Councillors (the cabinet
member with responsibility for ICT Philip Price has said he will
attend), the main constituency parties and the 2 herefordshire MP's.

A Press Release has also gone out this week to local papers.

Details of the mailing list, text of the emails and Press release are up
on pirate pad so take a look & if you know of any organisations we have
missed please let us know and if you are on facebook or twitter don't
forget to give the event a mention -

Paul has been busy updating the ISO for the Open Disc so it includes
Libre Office

More ideas for the day are welcome along with offers of help even if you
can only be there for part of the time - if you intend coming please do
add your name to the list - there is no hard labour involved, we
promise.

We will however need help putting up posters which will hopefully be
ready in time for the LUG meeting at the end of this month, as once
again we would like to cover the whole county.

I have had emails from members of other LUGs and Open Source Groups who
are going to try and attend so if you can make it on the day - it should
be a very interesting event.

--
Sarah

March 26 - http://piratepad.net/hQ3RVGdvKc