[HLUG] Open Source at Hereford Council

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 19:39:33 UTC 2011

The press release about the Open Source Day & HOSS awards resulted in a
small article in the Hereford Times today under the title -  Software.
On the plus side it does mention the Open Source Day and the date
however it implies that we are looking for nominations for the day and
makes no mention of the HOSS awards. (full text from the PR is at the
bottom of PP if you want to see what we actually said)

On the positive side we had an enquiry today about the Open Source Day
from a member of the ICT team at Herefordshire Council who saw the HT
article -
Dr Ashley Tucker is Web Content Team Leader and is interested in
attending the Open Source Day as his team are in the process of moving
the corporate web platform to 'mostly open source'.
He would particularly like to meet HLUG members on the day and talk to
them about what they would like to see and how his team can make
services and/or data more accessible.

--
Sarah

March 26 - http://piratepad.net/hQ3RVGdvKc