[HLUG] name the day

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 08:05:06 UTC 2011

On 11 January 2011 15:42, Sarah Chard <sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk>wrote:

> there are quite a few suggestions on the pirate pad now - please add to
> the list if you have a better idea and/or indicate which you think are
> best so we can make a decision for publicity purposes - please remember
> whatever we call it has to be meaningful and informative for the General
> Public.

I dont want to dilute what's going on the pad, but i think there may be some
benefit by having Herefordshire in the title, people in the county (and
nearby)  love something that is specially attuned to them; and what about
trying to get the initials of the first letters of the event to spell
something memorable - all the best publicity campaigns, do, like ASH and
FOREST, the anti and pro smoking campaigns.

Still Herefordshire Open Source Day ends up as HOSD, which doesn't really
work ...

Julian

> Also - if you are willing to help with the organisation in the run-up to
> the event and/or can be there on the day (you don't have to commit for
> the whole day - at the SFD event some people just came for a few hours)
> please add yourself into the team list,

Yes, I've signed up already ;-)