[HLUG] herefordshire open source awards

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 12:25:39 UTC 2011

It has been suggested that to help promote the Open Source Day we
initiate a county wide award for the
organisation/individuals who have done the most to promote/introduce/use
open source software in the county.

We could call it HOSS - Herefordshire Open Source Stars (julians
influence on the acronym front!) unless anyone has a better idea!

We can ask for nominations before the event - a good excuse to get
something in the Hereford Times and other media early on with hopefully
a clear explanation of what
FOSS is - put something on the website with a nominations form and the
award can be a certificate - so no expense involved! - awarded on March
26 - also another excuse for pic and coverage in the HT and elsewhere.
Also if we can't award the local govt one -  this will highlight the
lack of FOSS in that area

The suggestion is that to avoid conflicts of interest the individuals on
the awarding panel - would be excluded form the awards

To get this underway we will need to act quickly - please let us know
what you think - the idea has been added to PP (section 5)

Sarah

March 26 - http://piratepad.net/hQ3RVGdvKc