[HLUG] January LUG Meeting this WEDS @ 7.30pm

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 23:25:00 UTC 2011

Hello everyone again

It's nearly time for our January LUG meeting to be held as usual at the
Point 4 in Hereford across from the RNIB in Hereford. Please see our website
http://www.hlug.org.uk/node/4 for details of how to get there if you haven't
been before. We have a few new members over the last few weeks so it would
be nice if you can make it so we can to say hello.

We're lucky to have such a good free venue with good free fast wifi (I
measured 10 Mbps one night last year ;-) ), and easy free nearby parking,
drinks and food available too.

As usual no huge agenda for the night, so please come along with your
linux/open source goodies, laptops, netbooks etc. If you are having
driver/applications issues come along and hopefully sometime can help .

We will be discussing the plans for the forthcoming -
Herefordshire Open Source Day
<http://www.hlug.org.uk/node/64>Plans are quite advanced for the day in
March, but we still need to discuss and decide things like

   - Posters to entice people to come along.
   - Twitter/facebook group campaign to publicise event
   - Need more people on the day to help out - even if you can help for only
   a couple of hours it will help.
   - Other publicity ideas
   - HOSS awards - nominations for

We are also lining up a couple of interesting open source advocates to come
along and give a talk during the day.

As usual most of the info is on the Pirate pad
http://piratepad.net/hQ3RVGdvKc we use to co-ordinate the planning. Please
take a look if you haven't yet, and get involved if you can.

Hope to see you on Wednesday

Julian
Herefordshire LUGMaster