[HLUG] Open Education Disk v 10.10

Steve Horsfield horsfield.steve at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:24:06 UTC 2011

Pete

The software on the DVD is open source software from Source Forge. The Image
comes out as 935/950 MB depending on how you like your arithmetic done (MB
or MiB), so it will not go on a CD.  As far  I know it all runs under both
Windows and Linux.

I think the reason it won't work under Linux is paths and permissions. Under
Windows there is no problem because it can run through an executable program
on the DVD, which overcomes any issues with paths. Under Linux it is
necessary to install a program on the host computer. My suspicion is that
the path /media/OED 2010-10 is what is giving me grief because I don't think
that is a valid path.

Steve