[HLUG] update on schools project

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 15:30:28 UTC 2011

Hi everyone
I just thought I would update the list on what's happening with our
schools project

Following an email -out to primary and secondary schools in
Herefordshire we have had positive responses from a number of schools
who want to be involved in
our Open Source Schools Project. We may get a few more express interest
over the next week.

Once we know exactly how many want to be involved in the project and
which areas they are in we can decide if we are going to do workshop
days with all of them or just a select few. At the minute we can
probably manage to cover them all - if any more ask to be involved we
may have to make decisions based on the area/school cluster they are in.

Tony is busy creating ISO's we can use with educational software ready
to run

If this project is successful we will reach not only teachers and
children but also parents as well so it could potentially have quite an
impact across the county.
There will be  alot to discuss at the LUG meeting on Weds 27th - not
least because we still need to publicise the main ISFD event on sept
17th to the general public so hopefully quite a few of you will be able
to make it

--
Sarah
ISFD Sept 17, 2011 - http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is