[HLUG] Council IT

Sarah Chard - HLUG hlug at hlug.org.uk
Tue Jul 26 13:16:55 UTC 2011

Hi everyone
I've just had a call from Mark Sanderson who apologised for not
contacting me previously due to a heavy workload - Mark is  in charge of
IT in primary schools in herefordshire on behalf of HCC - he is very
interested in our project and is coming to the meeting tomorrow evening
at 7:30pm and hoping to bring Steve Alderton who deals with the IT in
secondary schools with him.
He is open minded about open source and sess the benefts of using more
of it in school - heis interested in finding out about what we are doing
(he has publicised our events for us in the past) - so I thought coming
along to the meeting was the best way forward - hope that's ok
I gave him a brief outline of what our intentions are and what we have
done so far for the project in primary schools ie tuxedu
It will be great if we have them on side - he is already talking about
putting us in contact with the people who do the networks in the schools
- so be prepared to be super positive about the project.

--
Sarah Chard
m: hlug at hlug.org.uk