[HLUG] May HLUG meeting - Weds 25th all welcome

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Wed May 25 10:12:26 UTC 2011

Hi
I can't make the meeting this month but hope you have a good one

You might like to have a short discussion about Software Freedom Day
 I  pencilled us in with Jackie at AllSaints when we did the march
event, for 17 Sept, I know it's early yet but it might be a good idea to
decide now if we want to do another event and if we do to let AllSaints
know and also have a brief outline of what we want to do this time
around. If you all do want to go ahead - I wouldn't mind partnering up
with others to do the email/online publicity as it is quite time
consuming and May - sept is my busiest time workwise.
We have lots of discs/leaflets etc left from March so we don't have to
worry about that side - but the earlier you start the publicity the
better.

There has been  talk on the ubuntu loco lists about the race online -
http://raceonline2012.org/ and whether it is useful for lugs and loco's
to sign up to become digital champions- something we might like to
consider
and also the fact that http://www.ecycleonline.co.uk/
are offering cheap ubuntu based pc's -

I don't know how people would feel about using race online to help
promote FOSS locally - offering support to anyone who does opt for a non
M$ OS.

--
Sarah