[HLUG] BT internet.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 6 10:07:30 UTC 2011

I have used btinternet ever since I got ADSL.  They, in turn,  farm out domestic email to Yahoo.

Service has been pretty good, with very few outages.

A few years ago, Yahoo were threatened with takeover by Micro$oft.

Since I try not to have anything to do with Micro$oft, I set up a google mail account - just in case.
Because I like to access my accounts from anywhere, I have used web-mail, and all my stuff resides on the web servers.

What alternative web servers do the members of HLUG recommend,  and do you prefer a local mail client or a non-local mail server ?

Best regards,

Geoff.