[HLUG] Entering BIOS

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 12:58:30 UTC 2012

thanks Geoff
just to recap for others in case they are not sure why I am asking for
this info

When encouraging people to try Tuxedu or any linux distro running from a
live USB one of the main hurdles is actually booting in.
If people have to choose a boot device or  edit the boot order in the
bios they often feel uncomfortable and out of their depth as they are
worried they will 'damage something' - they want to to just click and
run software - so it's a significant psychological hurdle. At our Tuxedu
parents evening this was very apparent.
 - if we can give step by step instructions to people they feel more
comfortable about using a live USB - we have already got how to boot
instructions on the Tuxedu.org site   but the keys for entering the boot
menu and the bios differ depending on the machine used hence the request
for info about your machines. - we are hoping to put together a useful
resource and there may be the possibility of an android app to help
users find the correct function keys for their machines.

So when you have a spare moment - check your PC's and Laptops and let us
know boot menu keys and the key to enter the bios setup.

Cheers Sarah