[HLUG] Entering BIOS

Dave Winterton davidwinterton at snail-mail.net
Tue Apr 3 22:04:00 UTC 2012

Dear Sarah,
My asus m5a87 uses f2(I think) my old asus m3 series uses del, or did
till a failing power pack corrupted it.
I wonder if a bigger deterant to people is the lack of time to read it
during boot up, as windows knows
changing the boot order is always bad news for it.
I paste the following advice from ComputerHope;
Issue

How to enter the BIOS or CMOS setup.

Solution

Note: This document doesn't help users who cannot enter BIOS or CMOS
setup because of a password.

Because of the wide variety of computer and BIOS manufacturers over the
evolution of computers, there are numerous ways to enter the BIOS or
CMOS Setup. Below is a listing of the majority of these methods as well
as other recommendations for entering the BIOS setup.

New computers

Thankfully, computers that have been manufactured in the last few years
will allow you to enter the CMOS by pressing one of the below five keys
during the boot. Usually it's one of the first two.

F1
F2
DEL
ESC
F10
A user will know when to press this key when they see a message similar
to the below example as the computer is booting. Some older computers
may also display a flashing block to indicate when to press the F1 or F2
keys.

Press <F2> to enter BIOS setup

If your computer is a new computer and you are unsure of what key to
press when the computer is booting, try pressing and holding one or more
keys the keyboard. This will cause a stuck key error, which may allow
you to enter the BIOS setup.

yours David