[HLUG] Entering BIOS

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 18:31:05 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 19:12 +0100, Tim Spivey wrote:

> I have noticed most computers have the CD drive set as the first boot
> device. I wonder wouldn't it be preferable to offer tuxedu on a CD
> rather
> than USB sticks, it'd be cheaper too.
>
> Tim

Hi Tim
we did plan do to use CD's at first but following our experiences at the
first school we visited where cd drives worked erratically and were very
slow we decided to stick to USB drives which athough a bit fiddlier to
set up at first do give a faster, more conistent user experience -
children who are tuxedu's users get frustrated very quickly (as do many
adults) if things don't work or work only very slowly so USB's are a
much better choice - which is one of the reasdons we had much more
success at our second school workshop day.

Sarah