[HLUG] Hlug stall at diamond day event

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 13:17:23 UTC 2012

Hi All
we are thinking about about running an HLUG info stall at the event in
Hereford on July 11th 2012 when the queen is visiting - there are spaces
going in the community tent

Would any of you be able to help by committing for a couple of hours so
we can cover the day - we already have 3 people who can come along but
need a few more to ensure we have enough people.

There will be lots of schools, teachers, parents there so I think it's a
good way to spread the word about Linux, Opensource and of course Tuxedu
and we will have  a ready audience so no prior publicity work is needed.

I need to contact the organisers asap if we want a place so let me know
if you think you can be there - for a couple of hours or all day if you
can
Sarah

here is some blurb about the event from the organisers

Hereford Diamond Day - July 11th 2012

In presenting to the public a full day of events on and around the King
George V Playing Field, Hereford on Wednesday 11th July 2012, we are
fully aware that Her Majesty the Queen and HRH Prince Philip will be
present at some point during the day.

The day, which begins from 09.30am and continues until 16.30pm, will
include:

      * Parade representing Market Towns and Countryside, adult and
        youth organisations, schools, and so on.
      * Arena performances / displays throughout the day, and with a
        specially produced sequence for performance to the Royal party.
        The arena events will include selected contributions from the
        groups mentioned in the Parade item above.
      * Trade Stands.
      * Catering area, especially including locally-produced foods
      * Display of the Wye Trow
      * Choirs, bands, and other music
      * Display marquees for each Market Town and for the Countryside,
        as well as for Community organisations
      * Activities area, including (for example) a climbing wall
      * A small fun-fair

    See:    www.herefordshirediamondday.co.uk/