[HLUG] Tuxedu organisation

Pete Linnell info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 16:39:08 UTC 2012

Hi Gang,
As discussed at the last meeting I have been tasked with sorting out a
legal framework so the Tuxedu project can have a bank account and apply
for some development funds; mainly to purchase pre-installed USB drives
in large enough numbers so we can get them cheap and still reliable!

The Charity Commission offer this model governing instrument which is
ideal for our purpose;
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Library/guidance/gd4text.pdf

For the full explanation if you want to see what's behind this choice see
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Start_up_a_charity/Do_I_need_to_register/Resources_for_very_small_charities.aspx

May I propose that any discussion arising from this occurs on the Tuxedu
update PiratePad
http://piratepad.net/lvmfyyTb7L

I also now have in hand a set of forms to apply for a voluntary
association bank account at Nationalised Westminster Bank. Anyone
wanting to be a signatory to the bank account that is not already an
account holder with them will need to produce ID in person at a branch.
I will bring the forms to the next HLUG meeting; where we will need to
adopt the constitution and pass a resolution agreeing to set up the bank
account.

This is of course entirely and eternally independent of HLUG, it's just
to manage any cash flow for Tuxedu as a unique entity.

Mind the Gap
Pete H@

--
Lifespacedesign offers a bespoke energy evaluation for all types of property

Pete Linnell M.Sc. (Dist) Architecture:Advanced Environment and Energy Studies.