[HLUG] New member intro

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:10:55 UTC 2012

On 25 April 2012 14:48, Alan Richmond <alan at curiousminds.co> wrote:

> Hi, I just joined the mailing list. The Welcome mail mentions a Members
> page on the HLUG website but I couldn't find it (did I fail the IQ test?).

Hello Alan (and Lucy)

Welcome to our Herefordshire Linux and Open Source User Group !

I have a feeling the welcome page hasn't been updated in a very long time,
so I think the members list dropped off the website a long time back ...

> I've been using Linux for a couple of years, in my business
> (CuriousMinds.co, sciencey stuff) and at home. Mostly Ubuntu but I 'm
> always trying out other distros.

Good stuff !

> I can't resist mentioning that today is the 22nd anniversary of Hubble's
> deployment, because I was a programmer for Hubble at the time, where I
> first met Unix, and Lucy (now my wife & business partner).

Wow, a double cause for celebration ...

> We both (me & Lucy, not Unix) hope to meet you tonight @ the Courtyard.

Yes, you'll see us up the far end, away from the box office.

> [sorry if this appears 2x, 1st was sent from unsubscribed address]

No, I only got it once ..

Look forward to meeting you later tonight

Julian Robbins
Herefordshire Lugmaster