[HLUG] Data Transfer Problems.

Dr Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 20:04:00 UTC 2012

Hi Folks

Many thanks Pete, Kevin, Julian and Geoff for the input. Your
recommendations for Test Disk seem firm so I'll try and make a live CD
and see how it goes.

Kevin, the duff drive is being tested in a USB2.0 Enclosure and sudo
fdisk -l doesn't list it, in fact I haven't been able to get it as far
as I can tell on any listing incl sudo lsusb hence Pete's suggestion
that it is a Disk Descriptor Sector problem.

Chris