[HLUG] SFD 2012 Pirate Pad

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 11:36:14 UTC 2012

At last nights meeting it was agreed that this year our emphasis at SFD
2012 would be on families and open source
we've concentrated on business and education in the past couple of years
and we agreed this was a good way to tie in the Tuxedu project and use
the buzz around the raspberry Pi to create more interest in the event.

We need to uprate our opendisc programs as they are out of date - -
we've decided to make a list of programs we think are essential open
source software and create links to downloads from the website - we're
thinking of imaginative ways to use QR codes on the day to give people
links to downloads  but  will also bear in mind that not everyone owns a
smart phone.
So please go to the Pirate Pad Heather has created (see below) and add
in the Open source programs that you use the most - or add a +1 to any
that are already listed. Cross Platform programs are good for SFD but
linux only ones are fine.

We are still waiting for confirmation from Allsaints once we get that
we'll being looking for volunteers to be there on the day - We want the
usual desktop/laptops for showing software but would like to show more
smartphones and tablets so let us know if you can come on the day
(subject to venue/date confirmation) and what you can bring

We are already thinking about workshops and speakers

ideas mooted are

raspberry Pi workshop

Open Map workshop

more ideas are welcome - email the list and jot them down on the pirate
pad
Julian usually does the poster design but he's often pressed for time -
so if anyone out there would like to have a go at a poster for the event
- let us know

--
Sarah