[HLUG] SFD - Assistance given to MacBook - Kubuntu dual boot freezing problem

akasg akasg at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 10:18:18 UTC 2012

All,

thanks for the help given yesterday.

In the end a reinstall wasn't needed. I managed, in the short time
available pre-freeze, to edit the ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc file
to change the line StartServer from =true to =false.
More importantly I managed to save the change just before it froze.
The next boot was successful, as you can see from this mail.

Thanks again, especially Ken for his patience. I hope to get to one of
the monthly meets before the next SFD!

Best regards,

George