[HLUG] HLUG website

Pete info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 17:38:36 UTC 2013

This one for those with admin access to the HLUG website.
URGENT
Please edit the script on the home page for the correct date, which is
21st September 2013 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
On the linked through page please insert the script below; MTIA Pete.

The HLUG International Software Freedom Day event will be taking place
on Saturday September 21st 2013 at All Saints Church
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.056176&lon=-2.716753&zoom=18&layers=M>,
High St. Hereford HR4 9AA.

We will have free CD's and goodies to give away plus lots of info and
advice on all things Linux and Open Source.
The Raspberry Pi <http://www.hlug.org.uk/raspberry%20pi> will be making
an appearance with demo's and a chance at hands on activities and there
will be plenty of opportunity for kids, parents and teachers to have a
look at Tuxedu <http://www.tuxedu.org/> the open source linux
distribution developed by HLUG for children.

We've also got plenty of information for small businesses who would like
to see what Open Source Software has to offer and our experienced and
friendly HLUG volunteers will be happy to demo programs and show you
what the options are to proprietary formats.

Students off to college may also want to pop in to have a look at the
great Open Source software which exists - it's high quality and *free to
use and share* - we've listed a few of the ones we use regularly here
<http://www.hlug.org.uk/opensource_software>. Most of them are cross
platform which means they work on LInux, Windows or Mac.

The event is as usual free and run on a drop-in basis so you can call in
at any point throughout the day.

Our venue (which is fully accessible) All Saints
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.056176&lon=-2.716753&zoom=18&layers=M>
is in the centre of Hereford and has a fantastic cafe that sells very
good coffee and delicious locally sourced food. We are within walking
distance of the railway and bus stations and a short stroll from
Hereford Cathedral which houses the famous Mappa Mundi
<http://www.hlug.org.uk/www.herefordcathedral.org/visit-us/mappa-mundi-1> so
why not combine a visit to our event with some shopping and sightseeing
in the city.