[HLUG] ISFD 2013

Pete info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 08:35:48 UTC 2013

Hi Gang,
For the removal of doubt, Jools has asked me to point out that this is
about International Software Freedom Day, happening on September 21st.
At last night's meeting we hammered out a few basics.

If you are able to contribute to preparation or on the day please go to
the PP and add your name and offer. At the moment it's open to any and
all contributions, even it's just to turn up with a FLOSS loaded laptop
and talk to the public.

We have previously found that an astonishing range of IT skills and
requirements come through the door and it is a very rewarding way to
spend a few hours- helping people to OS enlightenment.

In the light of Sarah not being available this year I would like to make
a special plea to the women on the HLUG list to consider coming along. A
good gender balance will help create a less male centric ambience and
encourage more women to engage with FLOSS.