[HLUG] May HLUG Meeting TONIGHT !

Pete info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Wed May 22 12:14:17 UTC 2013

Does anyone in here know anything about serial data readers and related
software.
RFID tags
Hand held reader (no onboard strorage or handling)
Serial output (to USB converter)

I need to be able to take the output from the reader and compare it to
an entry in a spreadsheet in order to read off a range of items related
to the tag.

Any ideas most welcome. I do have software supplied by the handset maker
for windows (up to Vista only) but am working towards an android tab
based solution for field use. Meantime if I can get it to work off my
netbook as a proof of concept I'm very happy.

MTIA
Pete