[HLUG] hello

Adrian Symonds adrian at acsymonds.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 09:05:23 UTC 2013

I thought I better say hello and tell you some information about me and
other stuff. My name is Adrian and I live in Hereford city.

That is enough personal info at the moment :)

So why have I joined this group? i have been mucking about with Linux
and open source for a while now, but only int he last 12 months or so
have I been using it on a regalur basis. My main computer, which is a
desktop, with a AMd quad core Phenom II 3.5, 6Gb of ram and a Radio
HD6570 video card is running Mint Debian edition, it still have Windows
8 installed on the SSD as I need it for video editing. I am going to
change that around, Windows will go on the seagate drive that mint is
on and mint will go onto the SSd.  I have also got Mint on my old
laptop.

I have choosen open source because I am fed up of paying the high
prices that the big boys charges for Software, I don't mind paying, but
sometimes it is far too much, I also fed up of Microsoft dominating the
market.  I think windows 8 more or less pushed me even more to Linux
and open source.

There are so many good bits of software out there open source, running
on windows and Linux, sadly not one is up to the mark on video editing.

The reason I joined this group is to get help if need be, to give help
if I can with my limited knowledge of Linux and to meet with like
minded people as the majoirty of people I know uses Windows or a tablet.

I got to say I was shocked when I heard about you, I saw your software
freedom day and I thought I would pop in and have a look. i must also
say that your website need to be updated, not that I am any good with
updating websites :) Maybe use a forum instead of a mailing list or
have both. Just a suggestion.

I wandered up tot he last meeting you had, but I did not see any one,
so I went back home, not having really been into the courtyard, I am
not sure where anything is.

Anyway, I have rambled on a bit much.

thanks

Adrian