[HLUG] question during wednesday's lug meeting answered ..

Ben Proctor from the likeaword consultancy ben at benproctor.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 17:39:39 UTC 2014

I've been playing about with Ghost. It's a lot of fun and node is really
powerful and flexible. Ghost isn't really ready for deployment in the real
world imho and anyway doesn't support static pages making it pretty limited
for websites rather than blogs. There are some really interesting projects
around node though.

I agree with the general discussion here. WP is easy to fire up, widely
supported and easy to configure for simple instances. The underlying
codebase is a bit of a pig and not everyone wants to work in PHP but for
most uses you don't need to get into that at all.

Ghost and the whole node.js area is one to watch though...

--
Ben Proctor from the likeaword consultancy
training | consultancy | facilitation