[HLUG] Software Freedom Day - Can you help ?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 07:38:53 UTC 2014

Hi

In previous years we have put Hereford on the map with our event for
International
Software Freedom Day <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/>. The day marks a
celebration of Open Source Software, hardware such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino
and the multitude of communities built up around them, of which ours is
just one.

Time is moving on, and with the usual day of third Saturday in September
not so far away (20th September I believe), I need to ask are we wanting to
put on such an event ? It will require members of the LUG to get involved
soon to make this the successful event it has in the past few years for us.

I don't believe anyone has booked a venue, we normally use All Saints
Church in Hereford as it's free, has excellent footfall, and is right in
the centre of the city and has a great cafe too drawing in the crowds. All
Saints regularly holds exhibitions of which ours is just one.

We also ideally need a theme to pull together what we're doing this year ..
Ideas ??

For any newcomers, please have a look at our website
<http://www.hlug.org.uk/software-freedom/> to see examples of what we've
done in previous years. We normally use a Ether/Pirate pad to record all
the details and collaborate our tasks.

So if you're happy to do your bit to help, either manning a stand on the
day, or helping behind the scenes with Publicity or general organisation
beforehand please can you reply to this email and saying how you would like
to help.

Julian (I'm in)