[HLUG] Marches LEP

Ben Proctor from the likeaword consultancy ben at benproctor.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 20:24:23 UTC 2014

I think it would be very sensible to make an official link. Perhaps we
could run

https://youngrewiredstate.org/ in Herefordshire?

On a (sort of) related point

I went to a talk on Friday about the CREATE project which is designed to
encourage Small and Medium sized Enterprises in Herefordshire (and some
other rural bits of the EU) to make the best use of ICT. There are several
strands that would be of interest to some on this list.

http://create-nwe.eu/

The thing that got my attention is that they will be investing in some kit
to enable SMEs to try out different bits of technology including a 3D
printer and some related manufacturing kit. This kit may be available when
not being used for its primary purpose. Which means there may be a
reasonable chance of getting a Fab Lab off the ground in the county

http://www.fablabmanchester.org/

I'm going to talk to them about how we could take that forward. If anyone
has an interest in that, please drop a line to me at ben at benproctor.co.uk

--
Ben Proctor from the likeaword consultancy
training | consultancy | facilitation