[HLUG] What Theme shall we use for the Wordpress HLUG website?

George DiceGeorge dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:50:59 UTC 2014

http://hlug.opensure.net/?page_id=445

Today, 5 January2014, the Theme used is TwentyFourteen, which looks good on
widescreens and phones and tablets as its Responsive.

But the TwentyFourteen theme is far from ideal, this is a theme designed for
magazines with 6 big pictures at the top (which have been disabled by having
no sticky posts)

A better theme would perhaps show the first 100 words of each recent post,
and be responsive, and be actively maintained by its authors.
I suggest we find a better theme before going live.

What plugins and widgets and other features could be added?

I only have a few weeks experience of WordPress!

[George]

http://hlug.opensure.net/?page_id=445