[HLUG] How to replace grub boot on newer distro after installing another linux os.

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:05:42 UTC 2014

Hi

I'm sure you've been in the situation (I have many times), where you
install an os, use it for a while then move on to something better
installing it to a new partition on the hard disk. After a while of trying
it out you decide you wish to move to the new linux distro completely. But
you still have the old grub boot set up, which will boot by default into
the original distro. This is easily changed, but even then, its much better
to have your main distro controlling grub allowing it to update when new
kernel updates are made or if you upgrade your distro version.

This is a really easy guide for how to do it that takes you through it nice
and gently  http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/245

Julian

PS perhaps I will add thsi to our new website too ... ;_0