[HLUG] HLUG website Permalinks Re: Herefordshire Digest, Vol 1676, Issue 1

Kevin Dontenville kevin at opensure.net
Fri Jan 24 14:03:18 UTC 2014

Hi George

Someone had disabled the rewrite module in apache, this means it ignores .htaccess rules and nothing can be rewritten.

I renabled and tidied up the .htaccess file so the missing rules not written when the module was not available are now in place. Set the permalinks to postname as intended and locked down the file. The .htaccess should not be writable by the site when live - too easy for hackers to add their own redirections!

Kind regards

Kevin Dontenville
kevin at opensure.net
OpenSure - Ethical, Green and Open Hosting
opensure.net support at opensure.net
blog.opensure.net twitter.com/OpenSure

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of OpenSure (Keepnet Ltd), are confidential, may be subject to legal privilege and intended only for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above. Any unauthorised use, retention, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. WARNING: Although we scan all email it is your responsibility to take all necessary steps to ensure this e-mail and any attachments to it are free from malware.
Keepnet Limited registered in England No 3566710 Registered office: 1 Hathaway Court, Milton Keynes MK8 0LG