[HLUG] Computers for Overseas

Pete info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 17:19:45 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,
As a man that used to rework older PCs I am now of the opinion that this
is no longer a suitable act for these reasons.
They use a lot of power which is likely to be scarce and expensive in
poverty scenarios.
They can quickly become unwelcome waste with very limited recycling/
reuse options.
A lot of time and effort is used up getting them to potential end users
in a ready to go state.
Now we have Raspberry Pi, all this effort is wasted with the possible
exception of decent laptops.
Just my opinion you understand ;)

MtG
Pete H@