[HLUG] Where does Linux Mint go from here ?

Dave Winterton davidwinterton at snail-mail.net
Sat Nov 22 20:40:49 UTC 2014

Hi Julian,
Why not duel boot?, Mint looks to be really good to a non user like me
and then have play with others on a small part of your hard drive.
It's easier than seting up virtual machines.
If Debian/Ubunti is prefered why not Bodhi?based on Ubunti with
Enlightenment as a window manager ( apparentely you can't call it a
desktop)
It will drive you mad to start with, but the vibrating windows can be
switched off
and after a while you wonder why every desktop doesn't let you click on
a blank
bit of screen to call up the menu. And if you just want to log on for
your emails it is so fast.

Manjaro seems very interesting, a beefed up and more rounded Arch based
distro than
Chakra that is my main distro,

a bit like Julian I am looking at new distros to go along side Chakra,
small and fast being
the basic rule. If we are meeting next week I will bring a few Dvd along
if anyone wants
to try them.