[HLUG] Archiving dead users email accounts

Tom English tom at englishponies.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 19:48:21 UTC 2014

When I recently moved all our works emails to our new server, I used
imapcopy - which is available for Debian via apt-get

It won't do any form of synchronisation - so if it stops half way
through and you restart the process, you'll get duplicate emails, but
it's no big deal.

I would use something that copies the emails over IMAP, then just remove
access to the accounts afterwards if not needed, rather than trying to
copy the mail directory structure over - each server may be different
(as was the case with us).