[HLUG] April Herefordshire LUG Meeting - this Wednesday night

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 22:41:16 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone

Our April LUG meeting will be on Wednesday night at 7.30pm, usual place the
Courtyard in Hereford on the mezzanine floor. Hope we can get a good number
at the meeting on Wednesday night.

If you have been on our list but haven't attended a meeting yet, or you've
been unable to attend for a while, we'd be very pleased to see you.

The meeting will start at roughly 7:30pm as usual.

I'm still waiting in case there's any more responses to our poll for what
everyone wants to see in the LUG meetings - so far, there seems to be a
greater interest in simpler topics for beginners, such as Distro choice (ie
what the differences, how to choose a distro for you), and Desktop choice,
and other Beginners topics themselves. I don't think we have time to plan
much for Wednesday, but we can look at what the results show and start to
plan some events around the most popular topics for the next few months
.

As I've moved over to Manjaro <https://manjaro.github.io/>, a rolling Linux
release distro, for work recently I'll bring my laptop along, should anyone
want to know more about this interesting distro. It's certainly been
climbing the linux popularity stakes by getting into the top 10 of the
Distrowatch charts recently, highlighting its steady rise.

The Courtyard has free fast wifi and serves lovely coffees, and there is
level access to all public areas of the building. You can find directions
to The Courtyard, Edgar Street, Hereford, HR4 9JR here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=8198539616210862916&q=courtyard&...

The Courtyard has pay and display parking adjacent and some free parking a
short walk away.

I'll see you all there on Wednesday.

Regards