[HLUG] Hybrid hard drive and dual boot?

George DiceGeorge dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:05:04 UTC 2015

Hybrid disks are a compromise between
ssd which are expensive and smaller storage size but faster
and spinning disks which are cheaper and slower but can hold 1tb or tb,
for laptops without slots for 2 drives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_drive
"In computing, a hybrid drive (also known by the initialism SSHD[a]) is a
logical or physical storage device that combines NAND flash solid-state
drive (SSD) with hard disk drive (HDD) technology, with the intent of adding
some of the speed of SSDs to the cost-effective storage capacity of
traditional HDDs. The purpose of the SSD in a hybrid drive is to act as a
cache for the data stored on the HDD, improving the overall performance by
keeping copies of the most frequently used data on the SSD.