[HLUG] Manjaro Linux with Cinnamon - promising

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:35:35 UTC 2015

Hi

I played with Manjaro but not with the default XFCE desktop or KDE but used
one of their community versions that adds Cinnamon.

Works really well. Smooth, fast, (faster than any OS I tried with same
apps), lots of available packages, and up to date packages - what not to
like.

I haven't installed as my main os as yet, but I can see a time that I
could. The only potential downside is a few odd apps that are unly packaged
as a deb or a rpm package , although even some of these have been
repackaged and available on Arch's repositories (also usually available
with Manjaro too)

Anyone else played with manjaro ??

The reviews are also very good recently.