[HLUG] Special Meeting 'Beginners Linux' June 24th, Leominster

Steve Horsfield horsfield.steve at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 22:27:41 UTC 2015

*We plan to show how easy it is to install Linux by doing this on the
evening as part of the event,*
Ubuntu remains the most popular distribution and has been characterised
recently by two different known and acknowledged installation faults*. *In
the first fault the automatic scripted partitioning process fails and it is
necessary to use GParted manually from the files available on the
installation USB stick and that means you need to understand the
partitioning process first*, *because Ubuntu no longer manages it for you.
Should you have the misfortune to attempt to use the automated partitioning
process you might find you have a very long wait.

In the second known fault the USB stick boots to "Not a COM32R image"
and leaves
you high and dry until someone with the inside track tells you to hit the
TAB key.

Steve Horsfield