[HLUG] Special Meeting 'Beginners Linux' June 24th, Leominster

Paul paul at paulnjulia.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 17:22:24 UTC 2015

Being a REAL beginner (well almost), I wonder if some people ( and this
is NOT aimed at Steve) over think things.
I guess there are two "starts",  one is having a windows PC and wanting
to partition it to take Linux and the second is buying a pc with no
system on it and installing.  I have done both, once! and whilst i do
know how to find some answers online, I am not really the person with
the inside track.   Both situations went relatively smoothly, although
the first attempt to install Ubuntu on my windows system in a virtual
set up resulted in me partitioning the disk and having dual boot up, so
perhaps I should stay away on the 24th!!  The new machine install with
Linux Mint, off a magazine cd was heaven!

But well done to Julian for setting this up, looking forward to see how
it all comes out in the wash

Cheers,

*Paul*

/_Sent from my desktop - can't afford A-Phone_/