[HLUG] Ubuntu Mate

Tim Spivey tim.spivey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:29:52 UTC 2015

Hi

I decided to have a change from Mint Cinnamon 16 and installed Ubuntu Mate
15.04 (I think). It didn't see my wireless card right away so I had to
temporarily run a long ethernet wire from my router, once I installed the
right drivers the wireless worked fine.

On boot up my monitor goes into power saving mode, ie acts as if it's not
getting a signal. It's really weird. When I turn the PC on the POST check
and everything shows fine then the monitor goes off for 30ish seconds until
the desktop boots. Is this a  'feature' of Ubuntu Mate?

Can anyone suggest anything?

Tim