[HLUG] HLUG 'Beginners Linux' Special Event Tomorrow !

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:55:51 UTC 2015

Hi

Just a reminder that the *Beginners Linux special meeting is taking place
tomorrow <http://www.hlug.org.uk/beginners-linux-event/>* at Grange Court
in Leominster at 7.30pm. The room will be open from 7pm with the meeting
starting at 7.30pm.

Amongst other topics, we will show you why you should consider using Linux,
its benefits and idiosyncrasies, and how you can stay virus free on the
net. We will also show you how to install Linux on a pc live during the
event. The event will be aimed at real beginners to Linux and Open Source,
perhaps keen to move from Windows (though experts are of course also
welcome ;-)  ).

The event is *open to anyone* not just LUG members.

So if you've ever wondered about Linux and wanted to find out more - *now
is the time*.

The Education Room at the Grange Court is booked, seating 20, with a
wonderful touchscreen display that we can use to present with. The room is
on the first floor, with *full *disabled access.

There will be a small fee to cover the hire of the room split amongst the
attendees.

*How to get there*

*Car parking* - nearest car park is Etnam St, but this is now payable until
10pm (though rarely patrolled ..). There is some car parking in Corn Square
not far away either which is still free after 6pm. There is disabled
parking at Grange Court <http://www.grangecourt.org/find-us/> itself,
please check the link on their site for further details.

*Train* - Leominster Rail station is only a 5-10 minute walk from Grange
Court, with a good service from Hereford, Ludlow and Abergavenny especially
in the evening. If you're in Hereford it may be an option if you want a
drink before or after !

The room is booked for two hours, so we will have to leave at 9pm. There
are many pubs around Etnam St, including the Chequers, The Bell and the
White Lion on the street itself if anyone is up for a post meeting drink.

I will be going look forward to seeing a really good turn out tomorrow !
Please tell your friends and neighbours !

Any queries about the event, or wants to mention about lifts they can offer
or want please ask here.

See you tomorrow night

*Julian*