[HLUG] File conversion for OO impress (.ppt)

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Fri Nov 27 23:05:52 UTC 2015

Am 27.11.2015 um 21:39 schrieb Geoff Bagley:
> Firstly, my sincere thanks to all for help.
> The remaining problem is conversion to a format which Impress
> can accept -  i.e.  .pdf
>
> Best regards to all.
>
> Geoff

I assume this ist still .ps to .pdf/ .jpg?

Then I would use
convert -density 150 foo.ps foo.jpg (or foo.pdf)
                            ^ fiddle with this no for quality of output
I find converting to pdf this way needs higher -density for same quality
output then going for jpg. Advantage (or disadvantage ;-) )of converting
to pdf is that it keeps the document structure intact for multi page
files. And
convert -density 150 *.ps output.pdf
will convert all ps files in directory to one pdf file, effectively
merging them.
Though if converting to image, I would prefer png, especially if it
needs further processing, due to it being lossless.

--
Andreas Ege

		24 The Birches
                Shobdon