[HLUG] September Herefordshire Linux Users Group Meeting - Wednesday

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:24:26 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone

Our September LUG meeting will be on Wednesday night at 7.30pm, usual place
the Courtyard in Hereford on the mezzanine floor. Hope we can get a good
number at the meeting on Wednesday night.

If you have been on our list but haven't attended a meeting yet, or you've
been unable to attend for a while, or just met our group on Saturday during
our SFD event we'd be very pleased to see you.

The meeting will start at roughly 7:30pm as usual.

*Meeting Topic*

Saturday's Software Freedom Day.

The event was ok, but the lack of promotion and organisation up front meant
we had far, far fewer folk coming to our event. Those that did did get
something out of it and those LUG members that did turn up on Saturday had
a good day too. We finished at 2pm as it was quiet.

   - We need to see how we can improve for next time
   - Do we want to do another SFD event or a different focus, If so/not
   choose a better different time of year / type of FLOSS focus ?
   - What else can we do better ?

Just a few ideas ..

The Courtyard has free fast wifi and serves lovely coffees, and there is
level access to all public areas of the building. You can find directions
to The Courtyard, Edgar Street, Hereford, HR4 9JR here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=8198539616210862916&q=courtyard&...

The Courtyard has pay and display parking adjacent and free parking a short
walk away.

I'll see you all there on Wednesday as usual

Regards