[HLUG] Linux Presentation Day 2016.1 in UK / Herefordshire

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:54:26 UTC 2016

Hi Hauke

I have a little time to look at your email (overlooking the sea at Swansea
Bay on a day off from Work ;-) ). Please note I do work full time and have
a family so my spare time like many is a little limited, but I'm happy to
do what I can.

Your sample UK webpage looks fine. I would slightly reword it as below. I
can look after thsi page if you want at least for this years events, if you
do not have any contact from your contact in Blackpool.

I will add myself to the European mailing list shortly.

I will look at writing a Press Release as you have suggested, (I Have
experience writing these in my main job too), but need to get further with
our Hereford event planning first. Please note the text I sent to the list
is not really a PR, but more a simple piece of text to be used in any
campaigns to other lugs other interested groups and parties, ie Green
Party, Friends of the Earth, Schools etc. I will also organise local press
as I know some presenters at our local countywide BBC radio station. (one
yeat for SFD they sent a reporter to get some audio for the day of the
evvent)

Speak Later

Julian
HLUG

an international event for information about Linux ←
<http://www.linux-presentation-day.org.uk/#event>

The Linux Presentation Day is an event which started in May 2015 in Germany
and has spread across Europe <http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/> since
then; taking place twice per year (2016.1: April, 30th; 2016.2: October,
22nd). LPD events are an opportunity (free of charge) for people who are
not familiar with Linux to have a look at it, ask questions and test it.

The LPD aim is to help visitors make a decision whether Linux may be an
option for them in the future.

The most important aspect of the LPD is that the event becomes so big that
non-IT media regularly cover this event.
locations ← <http://www.linux-presentation-day.org.uk/#locations>

Currently there are two locations in UK for the next Linux Presentation Day
(April, 30th):
Blackpool (Linux User Group)
<https://blackpoollinux.wordpress.com/>Hereford (Herefordshire Open Source
and Linux User Group) <http://www.hlug.org.uk>

*hosting organizations* ←
<http://www.linux-presentation-day.org.uk/#organizers>

A wide spectrum of organizations can host an LPD event. In Germany the
hosting organisations incorporate:-

   - Linux user groups
   - hackerspaces
   - other associations
   - IT service companies
   - adult education centres
   - universities of applied sciences
   - schools

An important part of the LPD concept is that very small organisations (even
single persons) can try to organise such an event. The LPD community
supports them in several ways (e.g. finding helpers and a location).
contact ← <http://www.linux-presentation-day.org.uk/#contact>

If you have questions or would like to participate in one of the next
events, please contact us:

uk