[HLUG] win10 shortcuts clickable in ubuntu?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:46:44 UTC 2016

Hi George

Sorry to take such a while to respond. As far as I see it I don't think
there is an easy way to do this as the filing systems are so different
between Linux and Windows.

The only way you could perhaps think about, is with linux tools on Windows,
ie the latest version of Windows 10 includes Linux bash and cmd line in the
Windows 'Anniversary Edition' (although havent tried this myself).

That way you can at least see your windows shortcuts as linux files, so you
may be able to do something here. Job for scripting I would think but not
easy. A lot more googling might turn up something.

Julian