[HLUG] BBC News: Pudleston makes national news ie Broadband boost for remotest parts of UK

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:35:04 UTC 2016

Hi

Says it all that Pudleston nr Leominster is featured not really that remote
but still hundreds of similar parishes up xnd fown the land

I'm still waiting for any news regarding cabinet 6 in Leominster so we can
increase our 6mbps speed for work. A town of 11000 can hardly be termed
'remote' can it ? And we're still better off then a number of  places

A industry expert was talking on Jersey Vines BBC radio 2 show lunchtime.
 when asked by Jeremy whst the difference between mega bits per second and
mega Bytea per second he said bits where to do with speed and bytes a
measurement over time. What rubbish !

Even Jeremy who didn't quite understand all this  said yes but you can't
have a measurement based on time then again per second which demonstrated
what a lot of crock the 'expert' was saying. he was from Genie broadband

No wonder the public is always confused ans dismissive of technology ...

Broadband boost for remotest parts of UK -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38397304